The Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program is the Federal Government’s premier leadership development program for advanced degree candidates (e.g. Master's, PhD, JD, etc.) across all disciplines and from all segments of society. It is a two-year fellowship with full salary and benefits leading to a career in the Federal Government. Individuals who are in the final year of their advanced degree program or who have finished their advanced degree within the last two years are eligible to apply. The program works with over 100 Federal agencies to place Fellows according to their interests and skills. By drawing graduate students from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, the PMF Program provides a continuing source of trained individuals to meet the future challenges of public service. To learn more, visit www.pmf.gov.
Over the past five years, here is a sampling of where Fellows have been placed:
• Over 160 at the Department of State
• Over 240 at the Department of Health and Human Services (including CDC, NIH, CMS, and others)
• Over 130 at the Department of Agriculture
• Over 70 at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
• Over 60 at the Department of the Treasury
• And many others at the Department of Education, Department of Justice, Environmental Protection Agency, and more
The PMF Program is part of the Center for Leadership Development at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Human Resource Solutions Division.
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management works in several broad categories to recruit, retain and honor a world-class workforce for the American people. We manage Federal job announcement postings at USAJOBS.gov, and set policy on governmentwide hiring procedures, for example. Altogether, OPM works to make the Federal government America’s model employer for the 21st century.