Smart Futures is a Pittsburgh-based non-profit software development organization in the field of education and workforce development. Smart Futures mission is to help kids “get real” about who they are, where that are going, and how to get there.
To accomplish its mission, Smart Futures has created SmartFutures.org, an online platform that makes it easy for a school district or charter school to comply with Governor Wolfe’s recent Future Ready PA legislative mandate which requires that every student in PA develop a K-12 career plan and portfolio.
SmartFutures.org uses the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Career Education and Work (CEW) as a blueprint for the platform ‘s development. For a low annual subscription, the Platform provides any Pennsylvania school with:
• Online career plan and portfolio for every student
• Curriculum for grades k-3, 4-5, 6-8 and 8-12 correlated to the CEW standards (provides required artifacts)
• A Future Ready Student Badging System
• PIMS monitoring and reporting system (compliance)
• Localized information about career, program, and post-secondary opportunities