B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E’s Lighting & Integrated Systems offers a variety of solutions to business jet and commercial OEM’s as well as airlines directly. Major product lines include Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Cabin Management System, Coax Cable & Trays, System Upgrade Provisions, Aerostructures & Interior Assemblies, Engineering, Design and Certification.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Software Engineer in our Lighting & Integrated Systems business located in Bohemia, NY.
The Software Engineer will have the opportunity to work on groundbreaking designs for aircraft interiors and work within a strong team environment to lead embedded software designs and programming to the forefront. We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter and is looking to grow with the business.
- Work with cross functional design team to develop new and maintain existing embedded applications for controlling LED lighting systems and fixtures.
- Develop test applications for supporting all phases of development and verification of deliverable applications.
- Generate high and low level system and software requirements based on customer specifications.
- Create planning, design, implementation and verification documentation for both internal use and delivery to customer.
- Develop, implement, analyze, measure, test and validate color mixing equations, algorithms, coefficients, etc. for LEDs to system and product specifications,
- Create and conduct algorithm assessments, characterization, testing and verification.
- Evaluate and apply new developments and technologies, develop and support new internal color software applications
- Collaborate with hardware, operations, quality, test equipment and manufacturing engineers to define and implement manufacturing test procedures/processes
- BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with Software Engineering background.
- 1 year of related software/design experience.
- Exposure to C/C++, C# and assembly language.
- Experience with communication and networking protocols as applied in embedded environment (RS-485, RS-232, I2C, SPI, UART drivers, etc.)
- Developing software within an embedded environment, including knowledge of multiple microcontroller architectures
- Experience with source code archiving methodologies
- Practical experience with MS Visual Studio and object oriented design practices