Congressional Internship Program Management
• Assist in the intake, review and selection processes for applicants for each cohort of the Congressional Internship Program.
• Coordinate the development and assessment of program review and learning outcomes for program participants.
• In conjunction with the Director of Leadership Programs, monitor and execute work plans for each phase of the programs
• Facilitate the development, implementation and management of educational workshops, training sessions and curriculum modules for the program.
• Manage programs participants’ travel and housing arrangements.
• Maintain awareness of emerging services, methodology and techniques relevant to working with college age cohorts.
• Interest in and knowledge of policy issues important to college age Latino students.
• Creates positive relationships with offices of Members of Congress and tracks placement patterns with congressional offices.
• Maintain strong working relationships with program participants including providing constructive feedback and advice to interns throughout internship program.
• Identify intern placements and strengthen communications with hill office staff.
• Establishes open and consistent communication with placement supervisors while monitoring intern office performance.
• Establishes timelines in conjunction with intern’s management team to monitor participants’ progress and ensure requirements are met and followed.
• Identify highlights and achievements of current internship participants with the communications team.
• Coordinate and prepare timely and accurate reports for various stakeholders including sponsors, partners and board members.
• Coordinate intern and sponsor engagement meetings while interns are in D.C..
• Assists in programs specific special events like graduation, community service projects, and off-site events.
• Practices effective organization for administrative tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Three-five years progressive experience.
• Teaching, counseling, or administrative experience with leadership programs in higher education settings
• Excellent logistical and organizational skills; attention to detail is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong team player; works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Experience facilitating programs. Comfortable working with small groups for an extended period of time.
• Strong ability to work both independently and cooperatively, providing input in small team settings.
• Must be creative and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
• Demonstrated commitment to helping Hispanic youth and an understanding of the issues that impact the Latino community.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Bilingual – English/Spanish skills a plus
• Capitol Hill experience
• Master’s degree
• Experience with curriculum development and/or program evaluation
• Familiarity with Salesforce