To enrich quality of life for all members of the community through an enduring park system that provides a healthy environment, preserves natural and cultural heritage, offers inspiring recreational experiences, and promotes healthy lifestyles.
Inspire a passion for parks, healthy lifestyles, and stewardship by providing a sustainable, dynamic, and inclusive park system to support a thriving community.
The Park Authority is guided by seven internal values that were adopted by Park Authority staff many years ago. These values have helped shape our priorities and influence our interaction with each other and the public. Over the next several months our Park Authority family of employees are invited to review short vignettes of our FCPA staffers who are living our current values in their work. We hope to spark a discussion about our FCPA internal values and how these values apply to each of us today. To read the profiles, click any of the available links below: (new profiles will be added weekly)
These values describe the essence of our organization:
• Enhancing Stewardship: We are stewards for a wonderfully rich community trust of natural and cultural resources. We will provide leadership to expand awareness, appreciation and protection of this heritage.
• Fostering Diversity: We embrace the diversity of our community and seek to provide every resident with a wide variety of park experiences and recreational opportunities.
• Developing Partnerships: We believe seeking and maintaining active partnerships with neighborhood and community organizations and individuals are essential to becoming a vital and treasured component of the communities we serve.
• Providing Quality and Value: We are committed to providing high quality facilities and services that offer superior value and prompt efficient service to our customers and the community.
• Communicating Effectively: We strive for productive two-way communication with residents and our staff to allow all to participate fully in creating quality parks and services.
• Valuing Our Workforce: We believe our paid and volunteer staff is the key ingredient to our success and commit to creating a participative, team-oriented organization including career development opportunities and meaningful recognition.
• Demonstrating Fiscal Responsibility: We are committed to building and preserving a park system that meets the community’s needs in a cost effective, fiscally responsible manner.