The Portland Japanese Garden is a 501(c)(3) non profit and is renowned as the most authentic and finest Japanese garden outside of Japan. The Garden has a year-round staff of 90+ FTE’s and 30+ seasonal staff, supplemented by over 200 volunteers. All of our staff play a vital role in helping our visitors experience the beauty and tranquility of the garden and expand their understanding of Japanese culture.
Here are a few of the benefits our employees enjoy:
• Working at a beautiful, authentic Japanese garden, overlooking the city
• Incentives for alternative transportation for your commute to work
• A workplace culture that prioritizes hiring and promoting from within
• Access to the Garden for you and your family and friends
• The opportunity to attend a variety of cultural events
• Reciprocal access to other area attractions, such as the Lan Su Chinese Garden, Portland Art Museum, and the Oregon Zoo