Internship Position for 2021
Power In Place (PiP) is an organization dedicated to celebrating women in politics today and inspiring those of tomorrow. We are looking for students interested in gender parity in politics, and women’s issues in general. The ideal PiP intern will possess one or more of the following qualities:
• Good social/organizing skills to lead our college network program.
• An interest in image/media culture and politics.
• Curatorial skills, such as the organization and oversight of a campus art exhibit.
• Event planning and organization (lectures, guest speakers, etc.)
• A talent for grassroots outreach to other academic institutions.
• Strong research and communications skills.
• Audio and video editing experience.
Power in Place is an organization with a mission to positively influence the younger generation of women to participate in roles of government. We believe that images are the most powerful way to reach young people today and our goal is to utilize creative visual vehicles to reach today’s youth. Our interns will experience the excitement of working with a vibrant start-up, harnessing current technology and social media trends to make a positive difference in the world. If this sounds like a worthy endeavor to you, PiP would love to hear from you.
History of Power in Place:
2015- Organization established
2015-Present: Photographing & interviewing female public office holders
Summer 2020- 1st (10 week) Summer Internship for College Students
Fall 2020- 1st Fall Semester Internship for College Students