Our mission is to build a just and equitable society and the diverse leadership to sustain it.
We are seeking young adults from diverse backgrounds who a ready to embrace a lifetime commitment to social justice and building a stronger Milwaukee.
Over a 10-month commitment, each Ally:
• Serves in a paid apprenticeship at a local community organization working to build capacity to help that organization achieve its mission
• Participates in 200+ hours of social justice leadership training and professional development workshops
• Receives individualized coaching and support to help them reach personal and professional goals
• Builds community with a talented and diverse network of community leaders
• Plans and implements large scale service projects for community members
Public Allies Milwaukee believes in the power of inclusive leadership to change our community
• 85% of the Allies are people of color
• 15% are parents
• 15% identify as LGBTQ
• 50% have obtained a college degree
• In depth, exceptional, hands-on experience serving at local community of organizations
• Development and growth of values-based leadership
• Living stipend of $17,000 over 10 months
• Free basic medical and dental insurance
• Childcare & Food Share assistance (Depending on household income)
• Loan forbearance & assistance with loan interests (if applicable)
• $5,920 Educational Award at completion of Ally program
• Potential to earn college credit for service as an Ally
For more information about our program and how to apply to be an Ally
Please visit us online and submit an Ally Application to Public Allies Milwaukee at www.publicallies.org/milwaukee or http://apply.publicallies.org. Application deadline: April 30, 2018.