Red Tent has been lifting incarcerated women up to a better life since 2012. Through our trauma informed program, women make better choices, resolve their trauma with the idea that they don't return to jail. Many women say "Red Tent saved my life." Red Tent is expanding our services and growing. Come be a part of an organization that makes a difference to community women as well as makes our communities safer.
Red Tent is a 501(c)3 organization with administrative offices located in downtown St. Petersburg, FL. We conduct classes for women at the Pinellas County Jail, Hillsborough County Jail, and in the community at the Sanderlin Community Center.
Volunteers, interns and part time paid staff are invaluable to our organization so we can add to our administrative ability and talents. Selected Red Tent representatives enjoy their work because they know it is meaningful and makes a difference in our community. We currently need interns and part-time paid staff to:
1. Web Design - maintain and update our website functionality
2. Social Media specialist - maximize use of social media to create visibility, share our happenings and generate donations for Red Tent
3. Research and provide creative insight to our grantmaking and fundraising efforts
4. Work with the Case Manager to support the newly released women and align appropriate resources.
5. Update organizational and employment policies, procedures, and protocols
Please contact Cecilia Nugent, Executive Director the contact information at the right.