From the heart of a diverse community, San Francisco State University honors roots, stimulates intellectual and personal development, promotes equity, and inspires the courage to lead, create, and innovate.
SF State is a major public urban university, situated in one of the world's great cities. Building on a century-long history of commitment to quality teaching and broad access to undergraduate and graduate education, the University offers comprehensive, rigorous, and integrated academic programs that require students to engage in open-minded inquiry and reflection. SF State encourages its students, faculty, and staff to engage fully with the community and develop and share knowledge.
Inspired by the diversity of our community that includes many first-generation college students, and the courage of an academic community that strives to break down traditional boundaries, SF State equips its students to meet the challenges of the 21st century. With the unwavering commitment to social justice that is central to the work of the university, SF State prepares its students to become productive, ethical, active citizens with a global perspective.
SF STATE AWARDS
* Bachelor's degrees in 72 academic areas with an additional 39 areas of concentration
* Master's degrees in 62 academic areas with an additional 28 areas of concentration
* Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership with 2 concentrations
* Ph.D. in Education with a concentration in special education
* Clinical doctorate of physical therapy (D.P.T.), jointly with UC San Francisco
* 16 credential programs and 41 certificate programs