Since we opened in January 2007 quality has been at the epicenter of everything we do – including our vision for the future – which has placed The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano at the forefront of clinical quality and innovation year after year.
* The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano is ranked #18 nationally in Cardiology & Heart Surgery by U.S. News & World Report in their most recent Best Hospitals rankings. The hospital has also been rated High Performing in five Adult Procedures/Conditions:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Heart Bypass Surgery
- Heart Failure
- Lung Cancer Surgery
* The hospital has received the highest rating – three stars, a highly coveted rating – for outstanding surgical quality in all three surgical categories measured by The Society of Thoracic Surgeons. This puts us in the top one percent of all cardiac surgery programs in the United States.
* The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released their current star ratings in the first-ever Overall Hospital Quality Ratings. The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano received five stars, the highest rating, and is one of only 102 health care facilities nationally to receive a five-star rating and one of only 13 in Texas.
* CMS also released their latest Hospital Compare star ratings for Patients' Experiences among the nation's 3,544 hospitals and health care facilities. Both The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano and The Heart Hospital Baylor Denton received five star ratings and each hospital is the only hospital in its respective market to earn the highest rating.
* The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano has been re-accredited by the Commission on Magnet Recognition® as a Magnet® hospital, which means people coming to our hospital will be cared for by one of the highest rated nursing staffs in the nation.
* The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano is the number one heart surgery center out of 37 similar programs in the D/FW Metroplex.